Asterisk xAP Connector
From XAP Automation
Revision as of 13:58, 23 February 2007 by Gregg
Asteriskis a "digital PBX" that is used to integrate telephony equipment with traditional analog PSTN and more recent VoIP lines.
The Asterisk xAP Connector (axc) provides a gateway between Asterisk and xAP-enabled devices.
It feature set includes:
- sending inbound and outbound call progress info to support call logging
- sending inbound caller ID info (number and name, if present)
- sending line "state" info to support line capacity decisions for dial assistance
- sending extension "state" info to support occupancy monitoring and audio device auto-mute
- sending voicemail information (read and unread) for each mailbox as messages arrive and recurring
- receiving assisted dial commands so that calls may be placed via electronic phone books
- receiving unassisted dial commands to generate text to speech to callees (for alarm/alert notices; reminders) [ see Asterisk Unattended Dialout ]
- sending/receiving xAP messages in support of home automation IVR menus [ see Asterisk IVR ]